13 July 2016

Progress on Baby Stuff

This weekend I moved two projects from the "to be pieced" to the "to be quilted" column!

First is the Country Home quilt. I started this on a whim sometime last spring/summer so I'm not particularly attached, but I do like how it's turning out. If I like the final product I guess I'll keep it, though it is more toddler/kid size than baby size.

I'm considering doing one more black border, thoughts?

Second is a Double Irish Chain. I wanted this quilt to have a scrappy/random feel even though there are only 4 fabrics in the chains so I didn't do any layouts in advanced. This was incredibly difficult for me, but I am actually quite pleased with the finished top. I don't think I'll be putting a border on even though it's only like 35"x45".

I was worried the green would aggregate and stand out too much, but I think it's okay.

Finally, I am also making slow but steady progress on processing the rest of the scraps from Red Wedding into a Red Car Seat quilt to accompany Red Baby. I saved all the little triangle scraps from making the flying geese units on the stars of the first quilt and have sewn them all into HSTs. I'm now ironing and trimming them. There are theoretically 336 total HST units, but I haven't counted them yet. Since each HST is being trimmed to 1.5" square (which would be 14"x24" finished size if there are actually 336) I have to figure out how to augment the triangles to reach 25"x35" finished carseat size. I have small amounts of the coordinating fabric left from Red Wedding so I'm thinking of peppering in larger HSTs of various sizes or maybe just squares if I get lazy.

This is going to take FOREVER! I can only trim like 10 at a time before I get bored...


No comments:

Post a Comment