10 April 2012

Easter!

I visited my parents for Easter weekend this year. I'm pretty sure this is the first time I've been home for Easter in about 6 years. It was nice, I guess.

I colored eggs with two of my sisters. We only had 17, sadly. I probably could have done that many myself. I implemented the special technique I learned a few years ago from my college roommate: rubber bands. The eggs turned out gloriously awesome, as anticipated.

Dinner was also pretty good. We had ham and fresh Polish sausage. Meimei even manged to make my grandma's traditional Easter bread, it was almost the same. 

The best part, by far though was watching my dad attempt to find the Easter eggs. I say attempt because he's really not very good at it. I don't know how he managed to hide them for us all those years. To be fair to him, I did take advantage of the fact that he's color blind and tried my hardest to camouflage the eggs. Still, it took the better part of an hour for him to find them all, and that was with hints.

Can you spot the egg he couldn't?

My Dad: The only person I know who needs provisions to hunt
for Easter eggs. That's a brownie and a slice of ham he's got,
if you're wondering.



1 comment: