12 June 2013

Apartment Tour

I am so in love with my apartment here in Korea. I think it is a little expensive, but apparently it's actually a really good price for Korea (according to my PI). Either way, it's very comfortable and I wouldn't mind transplanting it back to the US with me in August.

And now, a photo tour:


The entry way and all important shoe cupboard, complete with house slippers.

 

View from living room. The door on the left goes to my flatmate's room. The kitchen was preloaded with dishes, utensils, a kettle, soap, rice cooker, cutting board, and pots and pans. The only down side is that there isn't an oven, only a hot plate.


The living room has a couch, coffee table, TV, and air conditioner. The back wall is a huge sliding glass door leading out to an enclosed balcony. The windows and doors here are cool because they can slide both directions, as in each half of the window can slide (neither pane is fixed).

 

The bathroom has a Korean style tub and shower (very deep tub and no shower curtain) but the toilet is western style so all is good. There are shower shoes too.


Last but not least, my room and my wardrobe! The bed is so much bigger than what I'm used to and the pillows are much flatter. Overall I would say it's comfortable, but it took a little getting used to.

I lied, that wasn't last. I forgot the views from the balcony:


The buildings in the foreground are mostly part of the university and you can see an apartment complex in the back left. The university hospital, where I'm working, is more or less that direction but it is much too far away to see from my apartment.

No comments:

Post a Comment