|Here it is in my lab, being all science-y ^_^|
The finished size is slightly smaller than the pattern size of 70x70" because I put a thinner border on the outside. I did bind with the same material as the border (those cute molecules), which is totally new for me. I usually like dark bindings to be a frame or whatever, but in this case, I think the fading edge thing is pretty cool.
|Here's a close-up of the binding, backing, and quilting.|
For the quilting, I did an all over square stipple. Most people in the QAL seemed to do something that only went around the drops (which is what I did for the small version). Whatever, I like to be different. I used the same variegated blue from the appliqué on the front and black for the back. You can't see the quilting on the back at all except for where it crosses the little filler strip of not black. The last bit of quilting is a loopy bit in the thin blue border.
|And here it is in its new home on the bed|
Linking up to the ALYoF March Finishes party. Here's a link to the original ALYoF March goal post.