|This is the layout I decided on|
As per usual, I couldn't quite follow the pattern and decided to set the center block on point. I was lucky because this resulted in a block exactly 10 inches bigger than the regular blocks so I didn't have any crazy complicated calculating to do for the sashing.
|Admiral totally would have helped with the quilty math, probably...|
I don't have a picture of it yet, but I do have the top all together, minus some ironing. Hopefully by the end of the week I can go get a backing and some binding. I have no idea what I'm going to do for binding, or quilting for that matter! I do know that there is no way I'm going to quilt this 86" monstrosity on my little baby sewing machine and wobbly table...
So I've already booked a weekend visiting my parents to use my mom's sewing room. She's got one of those tables with a recessed shelf for the machine and she has an embroidery machine so I can cheat with the fancy quilt patterns that look like I did them all free-motion style, but actually it was just the machine. In case you couldn't tell, I'm both excited and jealous.