24 February 2012

Caution! This post contains airplanes.

Airplanes are nifty. They're like magical time travel devices.

I just bought tickets for my trip to Oregon in May (I finally plucked up the courage to ask and my advisor said yes!!!!). On the way there, I will spend 5.5 hours in the air and 3 hours in layovers but the whole trip will only take 6 hours total. Awesome. On the way back the time travel is definitely working against me though because I will spend 5 hours in the air with 1 hour of layovers but have a total trip time of almost 9 hours. This is of course assuming that none of my flights are late but since the return goes to O'hare assumptions of timeliness are dangerous.

Yay Airplane! (Shut up, I know I can't draw)

The point of the story, at any rate, is that time travel rocks and I love flying!

On a related note, I also love credit cards. They're so handy. I only get paid once a month for 11 months out of the year so it's nice to be able to buy things when I technically have no money but know that I will have money shortly. No more hoping that I don't die/starve before payday. I think my credit card and I will be total besties during that 8 week period this summer between paychecks.

It's also a good thing that my landlady will be back halfway through the no pay zone so that I can eat real food instead of ramen. Not that I have anything against ramen, except of course from a nutritional standpoint...

No comments:

Post a Comment