13 February 2012

I Had A (weird) Dream

I had a dream last night and when I woke up this morning I actually remembered it (mostly). It was... bizarre, to say the least.

---------------

I was with my Aniki and his girlfriend and we were walking somewhere at night. I think they were going to drive me home or maybe they were walking me to the train station. Whatever. The point is, I was definitely going somewhere and we were all walking down the sidewalk. Suddenly, we came across these two puppies. One was brindle and the other was tan. They looked like hound mixes with big long ears, but not too long. The brindle was standing on the sidewalk with no collar about a foot away from the tan who was suspended on a chain link fence by a chain that had been wrapped around it's little puppy body. Connected to the chain and hanging slightly lower than the tan pup was a black harness and red collar that the brindle had clearly escaped from.

Aniki scoops up the brindle as I extricate the tan and then we split up with some sense of urgency. I'm not sure what we're supposed to be doing exactly but it definitely involves helping these puppies even though it kind of felt like we were stealing them. Anyway, I start walking quickly towards this old brick building. It's night so there isn't anyone in this church-esque building (it wasn't a church, but it kind of looked like it from the outside. It actually reminded me of a building near where I work). Puppy and I start going through this maze of a building that looks like an office inside (there were cubicles and narrow hallways) and then suddenly we're outside in a parking lot by this shiny black car. Then I notice a flower bed and I encourage the puppy to pee or poop in it. I guess this is what I was hurrying for? I hear muffled voices as some people walk by on a sidewalk on the other side of a tree and I get nervous and rush inside.

Back inside the church/office building, tan puppy and I meet up with my Aniki. By this point his girlfriend has disappeared and been replaced by a filler character. We wrap the puppies up in blankets and mine definitely goes into some bags (I think with the intention of sneaking it on the train). Filler character urges me to check that tan puppy (who has gotten much smaller all of a sudden) can breathe inside the bag so I make sure the opening is sufficient and then start chatting.

After some time elapses I suddenly look over and notice a thin layer of plastic between tan puppy and the air opening I had so carefully constructed for him. Somehow, I am only minimally panicked that I just killed this puppy (mainly because I know it was filler character's fault but I don't want to say that because it's rude). I extract him from the plastic and he doesn't look particularly dead but he doesn't look particularly alive either. I am not an expert in these things so instead of checking his breathing or something like that I take him over to where brindle puppy is sleeping in a box of towels (much safer than a plastic bag) and hold him out to her. Brindle puppy sniffs her brother and then grabs him in a huge bear hug. My dream self is assured that tan pup must be alive or brindle wouldn't want anything to do with him.

Some more time passes and when I look over at the pups again tan puppy seems to be both growing and melting at the same time. And then the whole scene of the puppies snuggling together starts to melt into a pan of french toast. And then I woke up.

---------------

Up until the very end where the dogs become suspiciously bread-like, the whole dream was pretty realistic, if somewhat choppy in the timeline and details. I wonder if all my dreams are this crazy. If so, I probably don't remember them as a survival mechanism. There is not enough room in my head for this much weirdness and a million facts about islet physiology.

I should get this dream interpreted. Except that, most likely, I don't want to know what it means....

2 comments:

  1. I had a weird dream last night too! I dreamed that I found a mummified snake that was suuuppper long; I think it was a boa constrictor. Then I was in a terrarium and I was telling people that they can't mistreat the snakes because they were loosing all their skin because they were too stressed. When I tried to leave the terrarium I sat on a snake and it bit me in the but. Then I thought I was going to die. Then my alarm went off. Why all the snakes for me? And why did the puppies become french toast for you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The best that I can come up with is that I was already starting to wake up and my mind was drifting towards thoughts of breakfast.

      Delete