|It was muddy (and cold!) and I didn't have anyone to hold the quilt up|
for me so this pic is sideways, but you get the idea
Pattern: Little Peeks by Kat
- Changes: different layout of blocks (intentional) and no extra row of white sashing before the first border (unintentional, I wasn't paying attention and put the blue on before I noticed...)
Batting: Quilter's Dream Request. I chose this thin cotton batting because this is a summer-y quilt and because the batting is white
- Around the cathedral window blocks: grid of flowers, butterflies, and dragonflies connected with little curlicues with white on top and gray in the bobbin.
- Between/around blue and white borders: stitch in the ditch.
- Outermost border: one big flower in each corner with pink/orange variegated
- Inner blue border: words, hearts, and stars with blue variegated. They say dream-believe-love-explore with a star on either side of dream and hearts on either side of love.
|It turned out much crinklier/puffier than I expected|
|The "believe"s definitely turned out the best|
New Technique: free motion quilting something other than stippling! and cathedral windows
|I'm pretty sure folded pics are required too...|
In addition, I used the cut-off corners of the charms to make the Mini Peeks suggested in the pattern. I turned mine into a pillowcase instead of a wall hanging and quilted the white spaces with the same flower-butterfly-dragonfly curlicues. The other side of the pillowcase is flannel because I figured those folds would not be pleasant to sleep on. For the cuff I used the same fabric that is on the back of the quilt. I followed one of those pillowcase tutorials where you roll up all the layers and then French seam the sides together. It seems to be *the* pillowcase making method.
|Mini Peeks pillowcase - so cute and tiny!|
I'm linking to Finish it up Friday.