I didn't really start working on the quilting until earlier in December. In retrospect, I wish I had gotten a larger template because Dear God this took FOREVER! It probably took me over 30 hours just for the quilting.
|I had a lot of kitten shaped help with the quilting. This is one of my new kittens, Sonar.|
|Her sister, Shishkebab, was also extremely dedicated to helping me...|
On Christmas Eve I frantically hand sewed on the binding and washed it 3 times with color catchers. The color catchers were definitely a good call because all 5 of them came out nice and light purple. The 3 washes were because I couldn't get the darn chalk lines off. I guess I left them on too long or something because they refused to wash out. I ended up doing a long soak with baking soda added to get them out.
|Woo its done!|
It was all worth it in the end though because I was able to deliver the quilt (with label!) in person on Christmas Day and, as far as I can tell, they loved it ^_^
|My first ever label! I had my mom make it on her embroidery machine.|
Even though this is an old finish, I'm linking it anyway: Finish it Friday