I made 2 changes to the pattern in my final design. First, I set the center block on point. Second, I added a border made from leftover squares and strips. I'm very happy with both of my modifications, they were easy and I think look pretty good. They also make it closer to a queen size quilt which is what I think a wedding quilt should be.
|The quilting, as seen from the back.|
I have to admit, I'm pretty proud of this quilt. I did the quilting using a combination of my tiny machine and my mom's super nice anniversary present sewing table and machine that I will never be able to a ford until I have my own 25th wedding anniversary. But I digress. I used a variegated tan thread for the quilting which consisted of outlining the blocks and then filling in the background space with a free motion leafy vine thing.
linking to Finish it Friday at crazy mom quilts