27 March 2015

Hexagons for Baby - Finished!

I made my goal of finishing and mailing out this cute little blanket by the end of the week. I just dropped it off at the post office so it is on the way to its new home in lovely Kobenhavn.

I totally cheated and just copied the quilting from my inspiration quilt using a variegated grey for the front and variegated beiges for the bobbin. I apparently have no shame.

All done! Finished size is about 38"x41"

I used a solid cream/beige flannel for the back since I don't know if the baby is going to be a boy or a girl. And I did a super speedy machine binding in black with a teal flange.

I just noticed that the back matches the neutral hexies on the front almost perfectly.

I'm glad this is done so I can focus on my other friend's wedding quilt: 36 days and counting!


  1. What a great baby quilt! And a great choice of colours :)

  2. Looks like a lot of piecing to put that together! It turned out great.