03 September 2013

WIP Wednesday - A Long List

This semester I am implementing a strict 'No Science on Saturday' policy for my general health and well-being. This means that I now have one day a week when I'm almost guaranteed to be able to sew! This is especially nice since I just took an 11 day vacation in Denmark with my sister and have thus been neglecting my duties both in the lab and quilting. I have a lot of things to do in both arenas, but in the interest of not boring people with science, I'll only be discussing the quilty list...

1. Texas Teardrops QAL:
-top is finished!
-backing and binding are prepped
-completely undecided on quilting and open to suggestions (please!)

binding rolls are awesome ^_^

2. Window to Seoul (100Q4Kids):
-fixed the two upside down rows and then made additional changes
-finished quilting
-in the process of attaching the binding

3. Trinity Celtic Knot (wedding quilt):
-started cutting the strips!! (the whole thing is going to be strip pieced so cutting is a cinch, I could actually see jelly rolls working really nicely for a scrappy version of this quilt)

4. Gung Mun (self-designed, Korea-inspired pattern):
-I have fabric and a plan but haven't started cutting or anything yet

5. Fly South:
-basted and waiting to be quilted (it's been in this state for a few months now...)
-made the binding!

I'm trying out scrappy binding, we'll see how it goes

Hmm, that list wasn't as long as I thought it would be. Doing 5 projects at once is totally manageable, right?


1 comment:

  1. I support No Science Saturdays! Good plan. I am looking forward to seeing all of these come along :)

    ReplyDelete