19 March 2013

Wedding Bells Are Ringing

My big brother finally proposed to his girlfriend. Sometime in the foreseeable future they will get married and my mom is making them a double wedding ring quilt.

He gave her a pretty shiny ring

Because I foresaw my brother's engagement and also my mom's quilting for it, I have decided to make a quilt for my adoptive family's upcoming wedding instead. My landlady's oldest daughter will be getting married next summer in Germany and I am making a Trinity Celtic Knot quilt in red, blue, and gold on a cream background for her. I haven't bought the fabric yet but I'm almost decided on what I want. The whole thing is 2" squares (over 2000 of them...) so I'm leaning towards mottled fabrics to give it some variation without actually being scrappy.






1 comment:

  1. Nice! I really like the colors you've picked out. Connectingthreads.com has some really good, affordable, mottled solids.

    http://www.connectingthreads.com/collections/Quilters_Candy_Mirage__L144.html

    They will love the quilt! Are you going to try to keep it a secret?

    ReplyDelete