13 March 2013

Now What?

Someone, who shall remain nameless, recently sent me this:


At first I was excited. It's cute. It's small. It's pretty. It's free. What's not to love? But then the realization that I have absolutely no idea what to do with these things set in. And so, I ask, now what?

I'm thinking baby blanket and scrappy. I have a feeling these will be on the wall for a looooong time.

Some ideas percolating...

But wait! "what ever happened to the nautical themed disappearing nine patch anyway?" you may be wondering. "Shouldn't you be finishing it up before starting something new?" Well, the DNP sampler and I have a had a bit of a disagreement on quilting - I want it to be quilted and it wants to turn into a giant lumpy mess. And so the DNP sampler has been in time out in my closet for the last few weeks. Hopefully our differences will soon be sorted or it may become my first UFO...

This is what a quilt looks like when it is in time out.



3 comments:

  1. :) I like the way the colors look the way you layed them out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am working on a wall hanging mini version of the "Fly South" quilt using one of those packs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love, love, love Me and My Sisters Designs! That will be a fun quilt whatever you decide to do with it!

    ReplyDelete