10 April 2013

QAL Progress: Making Templates

This week in my QAL is for making the teardrops and cutting them out. I have been busily tracing away. I feel like a teardrop factory or something. I taped the template to my desk and just move the roll over after I finish tracing, assembly line style.

It looks like a paper onion.

I also started cutting out the drops, but only the outermost shape. I'm waiting for tomorrow's cutting guide to do the inner pieces because I really don't want to mess them up! So far cutting these out with the little baby sized cutter has been pretty fun, though a little weird to get used to.

I kind of like the shape when they're solid, reminds me of ornaments

Other WIPs:
-Fly South - top is done, layers are basted, and I have thread and a plan for the quilting
-DNP Sampler - most of the quilting is done (I think, I haven't really been able to stick to a plan with this guy so we'll see what happens) and I sewed the binding on to the front I just need to do the hand-sewing (that's right, I put the binding on before the quilting was done: take that rules and conventions!)
-mini charm pack thing - I cut all the corresponding background squares to go with the mini charms; all of the pieces for the blocks are sorted and just waiting to be sewn

I like this whole making a list of WIPs thing, it surprisingly makes everything seem much more together/organized than it looks in my closet/all over my floor...

2 comments:

  1. I love your neutral fabric choices for this! Can't wait to see it come together. I wanted to do this QAL so badly, but couldn't get the fabric together.

    ReplyDelete